Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lou Lou Boutique (Dupont Circle)

On nice days like today, you’ll often find me strolling through Dupont Circle doing a little window shopping at all the cute boutiques.

Today I stumbled upon a shop called “Lou Lou”. Considering all my jaunts through Dupont, I can’t believe I never noticed this place before. Lou Lou offers tons of a reasonably priced earrings, scarves, hats, handbags, headbands and other accessories. All items feature an eclectic flare, and no doubt many items are one of a kind pieces. I was drooling over all the unique silver earrings with various semi-precious jewels and stones. One could also easily get lost in the plethora of brilliantly colored leather handbags. The staff was friendly, and helpful – and had a wealth of knowledge about their merchandise. I’ll definitely be visiting this spot more often – especially for some unique fall scarves. This is a real retail ‘gem’ for visitors and locals.

Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
1601 Connecticut Ave NW
(between N Q St & N Hillyer Pl)
Washington, DC 20009

2 comments:

Tina said...

Love the new Lou Lou in Reston Town Center. Went in to the grand opening today (Halloween 2009) and purchased the cutest orange handbag with 3 dimensional flowers on the front...too cute! I will be back thanks Reston for bringing a very chic and affordable shop to us out here in the burbs. Tina :)

Brehan Todd said...

I'm a designer and I have a line of sustainable jewelry. I recently was approached by the buyer of the shop Manuel Simpson and now they are carrying my designs! I'm so excited to be working with such lovely people in a such a lovely business. The owners, Ben and Tara Wegdam and the buyers are genius! Thanks again!

P.S. check out my etsy shop if you like at www.brehanclaire.etsy.com