Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sargent and the Sea at the Corcoran Gallery of Art

Once again, the Corcoran is featuring a phenomenal exhibit in honor of my all time favorite artist: John Singer Sargent. The exhibit ‘Sargent and the Sea’ starts September 12, 2009 and runs through January 3, 2010. This must see exhibit features more than 80 paintings, watercolors, and drawings from the early career of American artist John Singer Sargent. Sargent is known most notably for his portraiture, but his depictions of seascapes and coastal scenes are breathtaking as well.

If you’re in the DC area, this is a must see show for art enthusiasts. I plan on attending the exhibit next Monday around lunchtime (since I work only 2 blocks from the gallery).

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jeffrey Dale Starr said...

Oh man, I don't think I'm going to be out to the East Coast before January. I would love to see this exhibit...he's one of my all-time favorites too.