Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Night at the Museum Premiere – in Washington DC!

I’ve been meaning to blog about this since last week. As you probably know by now, The Night at the Museum 2 film premiered in DC, at the Air and Space Museum. Of course, being the paparazzi that I am, I went to the red carpet event. I’m not an A-List DC resident, so of course I couldn’t nab tickets to the actual premiere. But, seeing the red carpet was good enough for me. (By the way, there wasn’t an actual red carpet there, just a couple red velvet ropes and blockades).

I arrive at about 4:45pm to steak out a good spot. Oddly enough, there weren’t that many people there at the time, so I got a spot right in front, near the beginning of the red velvet rope. The stars didn’t arrive until about 6:30pm, and that’s also when the crowd started to swell a bit.

First in was Amy Adams, who hauled up the red carpet area. No one got an autograph, let alone a photo of her. Ricky Gervais did the same thing when he arrived. Hank Azaria, Ben Stiller (and his wife Christine Taylor), Robin Williams, and Owen Wilson were much friendlier. I actually got photos with Ben Stiller and Robin Williams. They both lingered in the crowd the longest. Ben Stiller is really short – I’m about 5’7 and had to stoop down to take my photo. Owen Wilson is pretty tall, and was clearly the celeb of the night. The crowd went wild for Ben, but they fought over Owen. I was bopped in the head a couple times by elbows when he went down the aisle. Robin Williams looked great considering he just had some major heart surgery – but I did not dig the glittery ‘Barry Manilow’ Las Vegas suit he wore.

A host of others arrived too, like the actress that plays ‘Sacagawea’, and a few Smithsonian big-wigs. A couple photos are below. I’d also like to add that I was one of the first people to blog about this premiere, as it was really kept under wraps by the media. If you had been a regular reader, I would have seen you on the red carpet! (Shameless advertising, sorry.)

* (Click to display larger image)*

No comments: