Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ambigrams - The Hot Typographic Trend

Do you know what an ambigram is? They've been appearing more and more in entertainment these days, and have always been prevalent in tatoo art. Even bands such as Aerosmith have used ambigrams as their logo. Ambigrams are typographic designs that display one or more words in various orientations. Here's a better discription from wikipedia.


In any case, I've always been fascinated with tatoo art, and ambigrams have always seemed like such a creative artform. In fact, I have an ambigram of my own. I recently won a contest given by fellow graphic designer Nikita Prokhorov. He has a blog dedicated to his personal ambigram artwork. He so kindly designed a piece with my name. It displays "Stephy" both upside down, and rightside up. I've already framed it and hung it in my home office. Be sure to check out Nikita's site and blog.

"Stephy" Ambigram"

1 comment:

Joellyn said...

That's really interesting. You should design some.