Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Skin Issues (Again!)

From reading this blog, you know by now that I have a ‘slight’ obsession with my skin. Since the first cold snap, the skin on my face has been out of control! Spring/Summer are fine, because the moisture in the air keeps my eczema and dry skin at bay. But in the winter, my skin gets extra dry, extra flaky, and totally uncooperative.

I’m happy with my cleanser (Dermalogica), but I think I need a better exfoliant, a vitamin serum, and a more effective SPF sunblock. The problem is, there are so many brands to choose from. I’m at a loss researching the pros and cons of Murad, Kinerase, DDF, SkinCeuticals, Exuviance, etc. I think I need to just pick a brand and run with it. I need something that will combat dryness, decrease wrinkles, even skin tone, and reduce redness/irritation.

I’m thinking of trying the DDF Daily cleansing pads as my exfoliant, and the Exuviance Bionic Serum for my anti-wrinkle treatment.

I swear, I’ve spent so much money in skin care items this year – but it really has paid off. Once the winter is over, I’m thinking of doing a ‘microdermabrasion’ treatment to really get rid of the dry skin. Anyone had one before? Pros? Cons? Can it cause scarring?

3 comments:

Christina said...

I have heard mixed reviews. Becky (mike's sis) did it and hated it. I had a friend from tx who did it and will do it again.

Tiff said...

I highly recommend Olay's range (I think its the 'complete' daily moisturiser I use) if you have them there. A tad expensive, but worth the money!

I have the same problem as you - dry flaky skin in the heat of the summer AND dead of the winter. It's SPF 15, vitamin enriched and gives you a lovely glow without making your skin greasy :)

(I sound like an Avon lady)

Rosario said...

Have you considered Bioelements? I just switched to it from Dermalogica for no particular reason but love the products. Not to add to the list...but check it out. About the derma let me know if you do it. I've been thinking about it since I turned 30. Out with the old!