Monday, December 29, 2008

Oscar Worthy

Over my relaxing 4-day vacation, I was able to see the movie “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”. It was excellent, and for once, well worth all the buzz it has been getting online. Typically, I do not watch films with Brad Pitt. I find him rather cheesy…but he was phenomenal in this movie. It was well written and extremely creative. I do not recommend it for people who are sensitive about the topic of ‘death’, because that’s a recurring theme in the movie. Cate Blanchet was excellent as always. I’d call this film a ‘psychological drama’, because there’s something truly odd about the concept of someone aging backwards. It’s unnatural. And throughout the entire film, that concept ‘plays with your mind’ – especially toward the end. I can’t give a full synopsis, because there’s no way I can summarize without giving away the ending. This one is really worth the hype – a definite must see.

On another note, tomorrow I'm dyeing my hair again. This time, I'm not going to chicken-out with the highlights (I think I said that last time too...hm). I'm going to go red again, but much brighter this time. I hope I don't end up looking like a parrot.

2 comments:

Joellyn said...

I'm sensitive to the subject of dyeing. That's why my hair is my natural brown.

Christina said...

Hey, I am dyeing my hair red too. Not my whole head, just highlights. Rebekah is going to do it for me in 2 weeks. :0