Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Must Be Nutz

Last minute, I've decided to participate in my job's Craft Fair. I'm going to be displaying greeting cards, thank you cards, gift tags, and CDs with MS Word/PDF party invitation templates. Oh, and I only have a week and a half (Nov. 18th). The show is on Nov. 19th. I've just bombarded my favorite print vendor with estimate requests. I hope he doesn't kill me, or charge me a fortune.

This is my first show, and I'm a complete novice. I have so many items to buy for my display table. Since I'm the 'resident' graphic designer, I know I'll be ridiculed by my work colleagues if my table looks like crap.

It looks like I'll have to get all of my designs to my printer by Tuesday. So, I have about 4 days to come up with 20 card designs, 3 gift tag designs, 3 party invitation templates, and 1 CD cover. But, I think it'll be ok. I work well under pressure. I'm going to need a LOT of Starbucks.

1 comment:

Darcy Hinrichs said...

I am curious how this is turning out for you, Steph! Reading your post sounds like something that I'd end up doing...and I am actually working on coming up with some stationery designs to move forward into the new year that I will want to market. My mom keeps pushing craft fairs into our conversations but I know it would take a lot of work to jump into...I hope your experience turns out great! It can give me some hope! :)