Monday, August 18, 2008

MD Foodie Review: Gordon Biersch

Friday night was my third time going to Gordon Biersch. In an area that is overrun by ‘beer/burger” joints, this place is a real gem. I mean, they have their OWN brewery! Not only that, the location is perfect – right smack in the middle of the newly renovated Rockville Town Square. The décor is romantically handsome (if that’s an expression). There are elegant wood furnishings, and soft lighting. It has a cozy feel to it, without the ‘frat boy’ or ‘teeny-bop’ style like dowdy TGIFridays or Ruby Tuesday’s.

The food is phenomenal. This is my new favorite spot for a basic juicy, well cooked burger (sorry Red Robin, you’ve been demoted). And you simply have to try their ‘garlic fries’. I also highly recommend the crab dip. I’m a stickler for crab dishes, and this one really gets high marks. It’s loaded with lump crab meat, and well blended seasonings. About the beer – if you come here, skip the YingLing and Sam Adams and try one of
GB’s brewed beers or lagers. I usually opt for the Marzen or the Hefeweizen. Light and bold, not too ‘hoppy’.

Just a little side note too – this place gets packed! The dining area if full of patrons, and the bar is usually standing room only on weekends because of the crowds. If you’re starving, be sure to call ahead to put your name on the seating list. But if you don’t, no problem. Just take a stroll around Rockville Town Square. I guarantee you’ll find other new restaurants to try on your next visit.

I apologize for the ‘el-crapo’ photos this week. I’ll do better next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh...I hadn't heard of that one yet. There are so many new places going into Rockville Town Square that I just can't keep up...and they are all GREAT! I'll have to try this one. Thanks for the tip!