Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello Cupcake – Free Cupcakes Today!

It seems like almost everyone in the area has found out about Hello Cupcake’s free promotion today. In fact, I think they advertised the event a little TOO well. It was posted on Twitter, Facebook, Metromix, DCist blog and the Hello Cupcake website.

I called the shop about 9:50am to ask how long the promotion would be going on for. They told me they baked about 1,500 cupcakes for today, and the promotion would go on until the cupcakes ran out. They also told me, that there was already a line forming outside their door. Rightly so I suppose – in my opinion, this place does have the best cupcakes in DC.

I rushed up there about 10:30am to get my free cupcake (figuring I’d beat the lunch-rush), but was quickly diverted at seeing well over 50+ people already in line!!! Much to my dismay, I went back to work empty-handed, and sugarless. I’d rather pay the $3 per cupcake vs. standing in that ridiculously long line. And I only suspect it will get worse as lunchtime approaches.

So, if you scored a treat today – good for you! Everyone knows when you advertise “free” anything in DC, patrons come out the ‘wood-works’. Maybe I’ll hit my new sweet spot today –
Robeks!

Here’s a couple of pics of the 10:30am line. Further toward the back of the line, it actually looked as if some lady brought her entire daycare of kids!


No comments: