Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What’s New…

First thing’s first, - My blog is 1yr old now!! You’ve been reading my random thoughts since 2008 – so cudos to you! Thanks for your interest. Who knew I had so much to say?

With that said, I’m so sorry for my delay in posts lately. I don’t want to be like some bloggers who slow in momentum after the first year. I hope to bring you more juicy goodness from the DC area.

Things have been very hectic (as usual). I’ve been rather busy at work, I recently attended my cousin’s lovely wedding, and now I’m preparing for my trip to Europe. I’m leaving on Sunday – yay!

I also found some time to purchase the new iPhone 3Gs. It’s really worth the hype! I love this little phone. I’ve actually found myself spending more time on my iPhone than my actual PC. Accessing all my regular sites is so convenient on this little phone. It’s like a mini laptop – and in my opinion, no other phone compares. No, not even Blackberry.

If anyone has been following my tweets, I’ve also allotted time from my busy schedule to stalk the Real World DC house (I swear I’m not the only one doing this). Real World DC is just one of many projects being filmed in the district right now. It’s always exciting to see TV cameras and crews around town. When I stopped by the Real World house last week, the whole place was gutted out, and construction workers were still busy finishing up the interior. Today I heard a couple cast members (and crew) were spotted around Dupont Circle. I guess the house is finished now, and I can resume my stalking after my vacation. Real World usually films for about 6 months right?

I’m hoping to post again this week before my departure. I’ve really been meaning to send out another “restaurant review”. I will do a proper review soon, but I HAVE TO let all of you know about a new little Indian Bistro downtown called “Spice Express”. For those of us who work downtown near K street, our only go-to Indian cuisine stops have been Nirvana and/or Naan and Beyond. While both are good, it’s apparent that these spots are frequented by local business people – and not the Indian community.

However, I knew Spice Express was going to be good because of the long line of Indian men and women standing out front. The wonderful scent of curry consumes you before you even enter the place. There’s a multitude of chicken, lamb, and veggie selections – all well flavored and cooked with special Indian spices. I highly recommend this place. And the portions are HUGE! They offer specials for two curry dishes with rice, but in my opinion, you only need one curry dish with rice. After eating there, I generally feel like sleeping under my desk (although, I do feel quite fat and happy).

Here’s a link. Check it out!

No comments: