Thursday, June 11, 2009

Doodle Swap Project

Recently I participated in a “Doodle Swap” project coordinated by ‘Mary Ferguson’ of the HOW Design forum. I’m normally so busy, I usually have to decline collaborative art projects. However, I thought the Doodle Swap would be a great opportunity for me to go back to my ‘artistic’ roots so to speak.

To keep the amount of doodles to a minimum, we were divided in smaller ‘swap’ groups. Below are the 7 doodles that I submitted to fellow artists. They will probably receive my drawings by this weekend, I should receive my sets of drawings by early next week.

My background is fine art – mostly painting and drawing. Even though my work these days is computer based, I love it when I have the chance to sit down with my good ol’ pen/pencil and drawing pad.

My formal art training focused on a lot of figure drawing and still life drawing – but I always had more fun with cartoon/anime based artwork when drawing on my own time. Growing up, I always wanted to be an Animator. I was a typical dorky kid – watching anime, obsessing over Disney characters, reading comics, and creating my own X-Men characters in my drawing pads. It’s funny how we all develop our own drawing styles as kids. I still can’t draw portraiture to save my life though.

All in all, I had so much fun with this project. It’s inspired me to start drawing again – and I might even sign up for a figure drawing class this summer/fall.

Hope you all enjoy my ‘doodles’! (Click to enlarge)


1 comment:

Jeffrey Dale Starr said...

Very nice! I especially liked "Bat"-girl...