Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Designers Rejoice - Lexmark Makes Some Great Printers

Things have been busy around here. There’s a special event going on at work that has sucked away all of my time. I just recently got back from a trip to Pennsylvania, and I have a couple freelance projects in the works. Busy Busy! That’s why I’ve neglected my blog duties lately. Sorry people.

A couple weeks ago, Aaron asked me to research a couple network/wi-fi/wireless printers for the house. My existing Hp printer is about 9yrs old, and I’m not sure why the inks are so expensive considering the print quality is horrible. I figured if I got a really nice high-performance wi-fi printer, I could save money by printing more photos at home, and printing a few freelance projects from home as well (vs. sending to print vendors).

Here’s what we got:

Lexmark 7675 Inkjet All-in-One printer
The best part about this printer – it prints DUPLEX!!!! Oh how I needed something like this in college – it would have saved me all those 2am Kinkos print runs.

The reviews on cnet and newegg were pretty mixed, but so far, I think the print quality is great. The duplex printing is fast, and the pigment inks are cheaper than my old crusty Hp.

And, this printer is only $119 right now at Staples. If you trade in your old printer, they give you an additional instant $50 rebate. Great deal huh?

No comments: