Thursday, March 12, 2009

Two of a Kind

I was pondering this yesterday. You ever notice that most married or dating couples are on the same ‘attractiveness’ scale? Meaning, if the women is hot, her male counterpart is usually extremely attractive as well – and vice versa. Now, there are exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, this is true.

Subconsciously, I think this is also programmed into the human race. Many of us know when someone is out of our league. Secretly, a dorky guy knows that he really has no chance with the 5’9 gorgeous brunette. He may try, but statistically, he’s going to fail. She’s going to end up with someone that is equally as attractive as she is.

Since I cant post photos of people that I know, I’m going to prove my point using celebrity photos. Look below. To some people, Angelina and Brad are about as hot as it gets. They are two irritatingly, but equally attractive, people.

Now look at Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick. She’s considered a ‘fashionista’, but in all honesty, she has an awkward look about her. I mean, do you remember ‘Square Pegs”? She’s rather quirky and somewhat dorky. Matthew Broderick is similar. Boyishly charming, but similarly quirky, and brainy looking.

Need I go on? The fact is, Brad would never date someone like Kathy Griffin. And Angelina wouldn’t date someone like Seth Green. As I said, there are exceptions at times. Take a look at the couples you know personally.


All these couples are equal in attractiveness.

*EDIT: I GUESS I STAND CORRECTED, SEE THIS LINK: The Hottie and the Nottie

No comments: