Friday, January 16, 2009

Worst. Friday. Ever.

Needless to say, I’ve been very busy this week. That’s why I haven’t been posting. I’m swamped at work, as my coworker is on extended leave. And when I get home, I just crash and go to sleep.

I’ve been looking forward to some relaxation this weekend, since it’s a 4-day weekend (I’m off Monday for MLK-b’day, and Tuesday for Inauguration). Unfortunately, this has turned out to be the Friday from “H-E-Double Hockey Sticks”. Here’s why:

1. It was freaking 9 degrees when I left the house this moring!


2. Caught the metro nice and early today. Of course, there was a delay. We get to “Rhode Island Ave.” station, and the doors malfunction on the train. We have to unload. Mind you, that station is an elevated platform OUTSIDE! Because I was one of the last ones to offload the train, some lady threatened to beat me up. Yes. First time as an adult I got threatened to be beat up. lol. Got to work late.

3. Stanley Steamer came to clean our carpets, but their machines froze up because of the temperatures. In the end, they used up all of our hot water, and left our doors open, so our HVAC was running on auxilary power. I don’t want to see our water bill and heating bill this month. After all that, their machines wouldn’t work, they cancelled our appointment and we had to be rescheduled.

4. My mom’s neighbor’s son stole my mom’s purse this morning. We know this kid, his mom came to my wedding! He asked to use her phone (as a ploy), and then came in her house and stole her purse. Lots more details, but I can't go into the specifics on the blog. She filed a police report, but is clearly shaken up. I hope they find the stupid kid. This is really odd as she lives in a great community in the suburbs. This sort of thing is rare in her area.

So, I hope nothing else bad happens today. I just want to go home, put on some sweat pants, and watch a movie with a good cup of espresso.

No comments: