Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cover Your Mouth Please

It’s that time of year – people are sick! They are sneezing, coughing and hacking all over town. My coworker returned from her vacation with a bad head cold, and my husband has been nursing his cold for the last 2 days. Disgusting!

Somehow I evaded illness for the entire year of 2008. I didn’t catch one cold. The only thing I had was a weird cough in September that was halted by some Robitussin.

I’m determined not to get ill. I don’t get sick often, but when I do, it’s horrific. I get the worst nasal congestion, and it usually turns into a sinus infection, which spirals into me having to use about 4 days of my sick leave to recuperate.

Its ok though – I have a plan. I’ve been disinfecting every door knob and faucet in our house. I disinfect my desk at work every morning. I’ve been doubling up on my Vitamin C and Echinacea. And, I’ve even resorted to wearing my scarf around my nose and mouth on the metro. I don’t care if I look funny. I refuse to be bed-ridden for 7 days.

No comments: