Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Avoiding the Dentist

Out of all my doctors, I dread seeing the dentist most. Maybe it's because of the trauma of getting my cavities filled as a kid. I always do my two annual cleanings, but when it comes to actual dental work/procedures, I totally put it off.

I had an old metal cavity that was breaking apart. I should have had it replaced over a year ago. Now, that old metal filling has cracked my tooth, and I need yet another crown! Ugh. Not only is it painful to get a crown, but I will now have two fake teeth. I feel like I'm one step away from dentures.

Over the course of the next couple months, I have to go to the dentist on nearly all my days off work. I have to get this new crown, and replace all my old metal fillings with the white ones. I’m going to be in so much pain – I’m not looking forward to it. But I guess it’s a necessary evil. And I guess its also punishment for my procrastination.

1 comment:

Detroiter-2K said...

Wow! Sounds like a ton of work. How many fillings need to be replaced?