Friday, December 19, 2008

It’s Our Anniversary

Congrats to me and Aaron! This Sunday we celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Funny how time flies! It seems like just yesterday I was stressing over wedding cake, altering my wedding dress, and making last minute runs to the mall for accessories. Six years ago, we also got married the day after my college graduation – which made for a very stressful semester.

In this day and age when many of our friends’ marriages have ended in divorce, we’re thankful that things have been so smooth for us. Aaron still loves me, even though I hate to cook, I’m almost always late, and I’m allergic to his dog. And I’ve learned not to sweat the small stuff, like when Aaron obsesses over ‘Halo’, or when he forgets half the groceries on my grocery list. =)

All in all, its about great communication and compromise. We’re opposites, but it works. I think both of our personalities balance one another, which is great.

This year’s anniversary will be pretty low key, considering we’ve taken two vacations since September. We’ve made reservations at Morton’s in Georgetown. Typically we end up in G’town, which is my favorite spot in the city. It’s best in the spring time, especially near the waterfront. Oddly enough, that’s also where we got engaged.

And, our anniversary wouldn’t be complete without our annual chocolate/coconut cake from Flowers Bakery, which I’m picking up on Saturday.

1 comment:

Rosario said...

happy happy anniversary!!! and many mooooooooore.