Thursday, December 4, 2008

Inauguration Week Headache

If you live in the DC area, then you know there’s plenty of buzz surrounding Inauguration Day – Jan. 20th.

I’m not sure if this is a national holiday, but government agencies in DC will be closed. And since my job follows the government leave schedule, our offices will be closed as well. Good thing too – the District is expecting a record breaking number of people in the area for Obama’s induction. I’m sure it will total in the millions. Already area hotels are fully booked for that week, and on the news, many people have said they are opting to camp outside on the street or nearby camp sights in order to be part of the Inauguration – despite the 40 degree temps.

I for one, wish I could avoid DC all together that week. Traffic will be a mess, because I’m sure numerous DC roads will be closed. Metro will most likely be overloaded. And, it doesn’t help that I’m only 3 blocks from the White House.

To make matters worse – Oprah is going to be doing her show in DC for the entire week, which will add to the congestion and crowds. Maybe I should take another vacation, and rent our house out for $5,000 during Inauguration.

(Oprah in DC for Inauguration Week)

No comments: