Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Friend or Felon?

I found yet another site that violates privacy – and this one is a ‘doosie’. Have you ever gotten a divorce? Filed for bankruptcy? Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony? White collar crimes?

If so, the Maryland State Government doesn’t have a problem with making your court records available to the public.

Take a look at this site. Click the ‘Case Search’ link at the top. Type in your name (or any name you wish) and be prepared to be shocked and surprised at the court records of some of your family and friends.

I searched a few people that I know, and it was quite funny to see what some have been busted for. And I don’t mean speeding tickets or traffic violations either. This site only applies to court cases in the state of Maryland. I’m sure other states have a similar way to embarrass their occupants.

This information is public, and it is legal to search – but be warned – you might look at some of your family/friends differently afterwards.

1 comment:

Joellyn said...

Man, all I got on my friends are custody cases and foreclosures. Boring.