Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Craft Fair is Over

The craft fair was today. I toiled to design cards and have them printed – within a one week deadline. I assembled each card pack, tied with ribbon, hole punched business cards for attachment, and sealed in protective plastic bags with custom sticker seals.

The Good: Loads of people came by my table and took business cards. Everyone complimented my items and said the cards were beautiful. Some said they would contact me for a few custom wedding invitations, holiday cards, etc.

The Bad: I only sold 6 cards (wamp, wamp). I didn’t break even with what I spent in printing.

Despite the dismal sales, I’m glad I did the show. I’m actually happy I opted for this small venue for my first show – vs. a large venue with hundreds of people. I think about 80-90 people came, as the craft show was only 2hrs long. It was kind of awkward sitting at my table, and watching as people prowled over my work.

Here are a couple photos for you. They’re pretty bad because I had to use my camera phone. I felt really pretentious standing back and taking photos of my own table, as if to say, “Hey look at me, my table is so wonderful…”.

To my credit though, not many people bought much anyways. The event was cash only, and most people these days do not readily have cash on hand. The ones that sold the most worked for specific jewelry or scrapbook companies, so they had credit card machines.

Overall, great experience. Considering the amount of work involved, I may not do this again for some time.



No comments: