Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Weekend Alone

What a relaxing weekend I had. The husband went on a fishing trip with buddies, so I had the house to myself. It was a weekend free from snoring, dirty dishes, and barking (our dog went to my brother in law's house). People often ask me if I'm scared at home alone. Why would I be?! I get the best sleep, it's quiet, and the house stays clean.

Friday, I went to see the Secret Life of Bees, which was by far the best film of the year. Warning though, this one is a major tear-jerker - so bring the tissues. They changed some major elements from the novel, but it was still good none-the-less. Saturday night, we went to see Sinbad. He was just as funny as he was in the early nineties - and also skinner to boot. And no, he did not wear those strange multi-colored 'genie' pants.

The husband came back home today, and I'm glad he had a fun and safe trip. Here's a photo of him fishing. Isn't he cute? =)

No comments: