Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Book Cover Design

One of my coworkers wrote and published a novel recently. I won’t mention her name here, because it’ll be searchable online (don’t’ know if she wants to remain anon or not). It’s basically a romance-comedy, and very well written, especially for a first time author.

At the end stages of getting her book published, she was in desperate need of a front and back cover. Her publishing company tried push her to use their lackluster designs. I saw how frustrated she was, and I know how some designers/design firms really get over on clients by charging them for every little detail.

So, as a favor, I designed her front and back cover. The image is stock art, but I did the colors and designed the text and layout. I think it turned out quite well, especially since the final print out was nice and glossy. AND, she kindly noted me in her book as the cover designer with a little thank you message =).

Sorry for the bad photo – I had a tough time taking it with my crappy camera phone. But you get the gist.


No comments: