Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Skin Care

Lately, I’ve been really obsessed with my skin. I have eczema, and the skin on my face is also pretty dry. Because make-up usually irritates the eczema, I try to steer clear of foundation. In fact, I usually only wear eyeliner, lipstick and a little mascara. Since I have these skin issues, I changed my daily skin regimen. I’m determined to have skin that is so clear and blemish free that I’ll never need foundation.

So far, my new regimen is working. I used to use Cetaphil and Aveeno – which were fine when I was a teenager, but now that I’m 27 I found that I needed something more intense. I recently switched to Dermalogica and Kinerase products. They are definitely wayyy more expensive than Aveeno, but well worth it. Here is my new am/pm routine:


  1. Dermalogica Special Cleaning Gel
  2. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
    (really nice rice-based exfoliant, doesn’t irritate skin)
  3. Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream (great moisturizer that also evens out pigmentation)
  4. Dermalogica SPF 30 (It’s really important to use SPF ladies!)
  5. Kinerase Under Eye Rescue (well worth the $75 price tag! Trust me!)
  6. Kinerase Clear Skin Blemish Dissolver (dries up acne overnight)
  7. L'occtaine Shea Butter (great for hydrating elbows, knees and feet)

I rarely have acne now, and my skin is never dry or irritated. My face looks hydrated and the pigment is even. I know my post just sounded like a major QVC infomercial - but I felt the need to share. I’m always interested in new products too – so let me know if you also found something that worked well for face or body.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Hey Steph. I'm a huge fan of "The Solution" (by Envision Beauty). My skin is *extremely sensitive* and it's done wonders for my complexion.

Two other things you might consider - First, even though the microfoliant is a "daily" product, sensitive skin like ours is probably better off exfoliating every couple days. Second, if you aren't going to spend time outside, give your skin a break from the sunscreen. SPF is important but sunscreens are loaded with chemicals that can irritate over time.

Hope this helps!