Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Indie Music

As you know by now, (500) Days of Summer quickly became one of my favorite films. I love the movie, and better still, I adore the soundtrack as well. I have one friend who’s the ‘king’ of discovering indie tracks. I have no idea how he finds his music, but he always has awesome compilations. Here’s a few artists he’s turned me on to recently. If you’ve downloaded Pandora on your iPhone, try creating a ‘Florence + the Machines’ station, and most of the artists will queue. Here’s my recommended list:

1. Florence + the Machine – “Cosmic Love” (Lungs)

2. Phoenix – “If I Ever Feel Better” (United)

3. The Temper Trap – “Sweet Disposition” (Conditions)

4. Lykke Li – “A Little Bit” (Youth Novels)

5. Donora – “I Think I Like You” (Donora)

6. Anything by Sia, Regina Spektor, or Cat Power

No comments: