Monday, September 27, 2010

Food Review: DC Lobster Truck

On Friday September 24th (quite possibly the hottest fall day DC has ever had), I ventured out for lunch around 2pm. Much to my surprise, I spotted the coveted DC Lobster truck across Farragut Park! I finally had my chance to score a juicy, tender lobster roll - the very food I've been hearing about all over town for the last 3 months. If you're an avid Twitter-head, you'll know that many Washingtonians stalk this lobster truck all around town. They're pretty easy to find, but once you do, you have to sometimes wait in an hour long line to score a lobster roll or shrimp roll.

It was my lucky day, because not only did I spot the truck, but the line was only 10 people deep. It only took about 15min to score my lobster roll, Cape Cod chips and Iced Tea ($17 with my $1 discount).

I will tell you now, the lobster rolls LIVE UP TO THE HYPE! The lobster meat was sweet and fresh, with hardly any filler. I think the mix only had a bit of mayo, celery, and Old-Bay. For $15, at first, I thought the roll looked a bit small. But the size will deceive you, because the roll is very filling. I was totally satisfied after lunch, and was happy licking my fingers on my way back to the office.

Famous DC Foodie Tom Seitsema also favors this little truck, and we all know Tom is always right when it comes to DC eats.

Follow the Red Hook Lobster Truck on Twitter!


No comments: