Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Have you been to D.C. Lately?

I know I’ve been neglectful. I blame my recent addiction to twitter. I swear iPhone needs to have a Blogger app so I can blog on the go.

I’ve been quite busy lately. I bought my ticket to
Baltimore’s First designer conference, and I’m super excited to attend the lectures. I’ll be sure to post about it. There's still more tickets available!

I also recently had my friends Michi and Marocs visit from California. We did a mini tour of DC. Every time we have visitors, I realize how much there really is to do in this city. A tourist needs at least 2 weeks to see everything down here. I'm always amused at how tourist are in 'awe' of the White House and the Capital. I guess I'm jaded because I work in DC and see those things everyday.

If you're in DC for only a couple days, here’s my top 10 places that I think all tourist need to see:

  1. Capital (Especially at night)
  2. National Gallery of Art (One of the best collections of Jan Vermeer and DaVinci)
  3. Air and Space (cause' who doesn't like airplanes!)
  4. The Supreme Court (you can actually sit in on court cases)
  5. Museum of Crime and Punishment
  6. U.S. History museum
  7. Lincoln Memorial (or as tourist like to call it, ‘The Forrest Gump place”)
  8. White House (Tip: Be sure to walk to the back of the White House on I-Street. You can get closer and get better photos. Less crowding. The front is usually blocked off and incredibly packed with visitors.)
  9. The Monument (Going to the top is overrated. No need to stand in line at 6am for tickets, just view from afar).
  10. Library of Congress (it's beautiful inside, and they have the Gutenberg Bible.

DC is about to start celebrating the Cherry Blossom Festival. I can’t wait! The best part about the festival – all the free anime screenings!

No comments: