Thursday, September 25, 2008

The New Scanner is Awesome

I finally got my new scanner in the mail. Last night, I gave it a little test run by scanning nearly 130 old family photos. This scanner is awesome!

It not only scans photos, but it also has settings for magazines and film slides. It can also copy, scan straight to PDF, and automatically scan documents to email. Plus, its easy to use. I didn’t read the manual, and the main features are self explanatory.

I was able to scan all of my pics in an hour and a half. This scanner is super fast (10 seconds per sheet!), and also includes an auto-scan feature so you can scan your items with one click of the mouse. I was also able to set the preferences to have my scans imported directly into Photoshop for retouching. But, if you don’t have Photoshop, the retouching software that is included in the package works just fine.

I know this isn’t a full detailed review, but I highly recommend this product. It’s a little steep in price for a scanner ($179 at Newegg.com), since most generic scanners are under $100. But this time around, I was happy to invest in a dynamic product that will last me for years to come.

No comments: