Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What Can I Design for You Today?

I've really been in need of a creative outlet lately. So, I've focused my attention on t-shirt design. I can never find t-shirt designs that I love - so I've decided to create my own. Here's one that I did recently for Otakon. It's a portrait of Usagi from Sailor Moon. I did two other shirt designs for the old school Nintendo games 'Bubble Bobble' and 'Mega Man', and had them printed at Cafepress.com. They're pretty silly - but still fun to design none-the-less. I'm open to suggestions if there's something YOU want to see on a shirt. I should sell some of this stuff online!

3 comments:

Joellyn said...

I want to do my hair like that. I would look super-cute.
How about choosing a subject that is totally not Japanese inspired, and drawing it in anime fashion?
Like, a farmer and his big wife doing chores.
Or a remake of a Norman Rockwell painting.

Anonymous said...

You should totally sell these things online. You have no idea how much you would make getting commissions from anime nerds.

Stephy404 said...

I'd love to sell that graphic - but - I redrew it from the image on the Sailor Moon R-movie box. I had not time to draw my own original pose for Serena - so I used what I could find. So there would be a copyright issue unfortunately. I might do some other drawings though and sell them. I just did a t-shirt graphic with the old style pixel characters from Mega Man and Bubble Bobble (old nintendo games).
-geek rant over now-