Thursday, July 24, 2008

DC Foodie Review: Fresh Meal

No offense to my past or future dc foodie review establishments – but Fresh Meal is hands-down my favorite deli in downtown DC. This deli/sandwich shop is true to it’s name. It ‘takes the cake’ when it comes to fresh and delicious deli sandwiches, salads, local fruit and assorted pasta salads. Their sandwiches are always immaculate. I’ve never seen a sandwich so neatly made in my life! You will never have wilted lettuce, broken bread slices, or soggy tomatoes here.

I usually opt for the chicken salad on cruissant or the ‘Italian Hero’ on toasted wheat. And the best part is, they have available just about every topping you can think of – including a quite potent peppercorn-mustard sauce. And in a city where ‘time is money’, Fresh Meal understands that its patrons don’t have a lot of time to wait for their food. That’s why there’s an assembly line of employees that crank out sandwiches, soups, and salads lightening fast. Sandwiches are accurate, and well worth the money. Prices are reasonable with no salad or sandwich surpassing $6. Conveniently located at 19th and L Street, this place is truly a hidden gem for superb lunch fare. My advice, skip the Potbellys and Corner Bakery nearby.

(P.S. – No photo of me stuffing my face this time.)

No comments: