Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Presenting...Duchess Ashlene Von Bark Bark

Yes, that actually is the official name of our puppy - but we call her "Ash" for short. After years of begging on my husband's part, I finally gave in to having a puppy. I can't say that I've totally fallen in love with her yet, but she's growing on me. I never grew up with dogs, so I don't really feel the 'NEED' to have them. I'm still getting used to our old life with a new addition. And, I had to get used to the allergic reaction that I get from her fur (itchy, red hives!). I think I may have that under control for now.

For the most part, Aaron does all of the cleaning, training, disciplining, feeding, etc. I simply pet her occassionally. I actually walked her the other day! I was quite proud of myself. I have to admit, that she is cute. You want pet and cuddle her, but she's so wild right now, all she wants to do is bite and jump! It must be a puppy thing, since we're told she's going to lose her teeth around 4 or 5 months old. We hope after that happens, Ash will calm down a bit and be easier to train. At least she's getting the hang of crate training. She doesn't really do her business in the house anymore - which is nice.



2 comments:

Joellyn said...

Congratulations! Now you don't have to worry about not giving your parents grandchildren.

Rosario said...

Baby steps. First you start petting ocasionally then you take her for a walk. Before you know it you will be the one begging for a second puppy when this one gets old and boring. Haha!