Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back to Basics

Lately I’ve been carrying around a drawing pad and my pens/pencils in efforts to encourage myself to draw a little more. Once I started creating artwork on the computer, my drawing pads started collecting dust. Here are just a couple of ‘doodles’ I’ve done recently. Nothing fancy. I’ve never been able to do portraits, so most of my drawings are still life or something ‘cartoon-y’/anime like. I hope to post more artwork in the future. Maybe I’ll even start painting again!


2 comments:

Tyler Durden said...

aww nice artwork!! ahh brings me back to old memories of watching bootlegged anime from you...

Anonymous said...

Hey...just started reading your blog (finally!). I saw these pics and had to leave a comment. Did you ever see the movie Ferngully? That is what your drawings remind me of -- I love ferngully :) And honestly...you don't even have to say "nothing fancy" b/c let me tell you...from someone who can only draw stick figures, and whose pictures of animals makes a 3 year tell me that I can't draw...these pics are awesome! Well...I'm sure I'll have other comments. ttyl!